The warranty period begins from the date of purchase and it is important that you retain your receipt as proof of purchase and for warranty repairs.
The warranty period is two years for the products listed below:
All MY series
All MIVUE DRIVE series
The warranty period is one year for the products listed below:
All MOVE series
All EZY series
All MIVUE DDR Dash cams
A one year warranty also extends to accessories sold through the online store (excluding maps, B-grade stock and Trade-ins)
The following information is intended only to explain your rights under the Warranty, not any rights you might have at law, including any rights and remedies available under the Australian Consumer Law and / or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Under consumer law, do you have rights additional to those under the Warranty?
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Who gives the warranty, and who benefits from it?
The Warranty is given by MiTAC Australia Pty Ltd (Navman) in Australia or New Zealand, depending on where you purchased your Product.
The Warranty is given to the original end-user retail purchaser who purchased the Product from an authorized Navman dealer.
What does the Warranty apply to?
The Warranty applies to the 'Product', which is a Navman navigation unit and inbox accessories (except USB cable) purchased from an authorised Navman dealer. It does not apply to any of the things listed below under the heading 'What is not covered by the Warranty?'.
Where a separate software licence has been provided with the Product, the terms of that software licence apply to the software portion of the Product, and the Warranty applies only to the hardware portion of the Product.
What is the period of the Warranty?
The Warranty covers a one-year period from the date of original retail purchase in Australia or New Zealand, supported by a dated copy of the original sales receipt that is complete and legible. This is referred to as the 'Warranty Period'.
What does Navman warrant?
Navman warrants that for the Warranty Period the Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship and, where a user manual is provided, will substantially conform to the specifications and descriptions in the user manual.
What does Navman offer, if the Product does not conform with the Warranty?
Within the Warranty Period, Navman will repair or replace (at Navman's option) Products that are defective or fail to conform with the specifications, where you comply with the Warranty Service Procedure. The Warranty Service Procedure is explained in detail further on.
What is not covered by the Warranty?
The Warranty does not apply to:
- non-rechargeable batteries
- services performed or attempted by anyone other than an authorised Navman Service Centre
- any products, components or parts not manufactured by Navman, or
- any claim in relation to infringement of any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, including trade secrets.
The Warranty does not apply to failure of the Product due to:
- wear and tear in excess of that expected from normal consumer use
- improper installation
- unauthorised attachments or modification
- failure to maintain as recommended
- electrical discharges (including lightning)
- exposure to water (except as otherwise stated in the User Manual)
- moisture or liquids
- proximity or exposure to heat
- disasters such as fire, flood, wind and lightning, or
- failure of availability or reliability of any external resource necessary or useful for the Product's operation.
Examples of the last bullet point are, to the extent applicable, the global positioning system constellation of satellites and their transmissions; traffic, weather, navigation, point-of-interest, or other data; and radio-frequency or other wired or wireless signals, whether transferring data or otherwise.
Navman does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be continuous or error-free.
What can void the warranty?
Any of the following will void the Warranty:
- improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair
- commercial use
- alteration or removal of any serial number, or
- the opening, dismantling or repair of this product by anyone other than an authorised Navman Service Centre.
Does Navman limit or exclude liability under the Warranty?
Under the Warranty, Navman limits and excludes certain liability. The Warranty described in this summary is subject to Navman's exclusions and limitations of liability under the full terms and conditions of the Warranty. You should refer to the full terms and conditions here.
If your Product does not conform with the Warranty, how do you access the Warranty Service?
The 'Warranty Service Procedure' is:
- Contact Navman by telephone to obtain a Return Materials Authorization number (RMA number).
- Within the Warranty Period, ship the Product, a copy of your dated purchase receipt, your name, address, telephone number, email, your RMA number, and any other information Navman requests as part of the return authorization process to Navman at the relevant address below or to the retail outlet from which it was purchased. You should retain proof of shipping to evidence the date of shipment. Please send the item by registered post for tracking purposes.
The Warranty Period will stop running on the day you send the Product to Navman. The remainder of the Warranty Period will begin to run again when the repaired or replacement product arrives at the address you specify.
Navman contact details:
Attention: MiTAC Repairs
In New Zealand:
Attention: MiTAC Repairs
Who pays for shipping costs and who is at risk, if the Product is lost or damaged in transit or during repair under the Warranty?
If you are sending your Product to be serviced under the Warranty:
- You must pay for shipping and any insurance required to send the Product to Navman to obtain your Warranty Service. You assume all risk of loss or damage to the Product until it arrives at Navman’s facility.
- Navman will pay for ground shipping of the new or repaired product back to you at an address in the same country as the repair facility and Navman will assume all risk of loss or damage to that product, until it arrives at the address you specify. You must request, and pay for, any different shipping method.
- If Navman reasonably determines that the Product has not failed to meet the standards of the Warranty, you will be liable for the cost of return shipment to you and Navman may require you to pay those costs, before returning the Product to you. In that case, the risk of loss or damage to the Product will remain with you, even though Navman has had possession of it.
In addition, the repair of the Product may result in loss of data. Navman will not be responsible for the loss or alteration of any user data stored in the Product. You should back up or otherwise preserve any such data before sending the Product to Navman.
What laws apply to the Warranty?
If the Product was acquired by the original retail purchaser:
- in Australia, then the Warranty is governed by the laws of New South Wales.
- in New Zealand, then the Warranty is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
What happens to personal information you give us to provide the Warranty Service?
We collect the personal information you provide when you obtain the Warranty and if you make a warranty claim to provide the Warranty and the Warranty Service. We collect this information either directly from you or from the agent which handles our warranty claims.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- the agent which handles our warranty claims;
- our related companies, employees and agents;
- anyone required or authorised by law and
- anyone else you authorise,