If you are like many Australians who don’t get around to planning weekends away and long holidays, Navman have put together a list of short getaway ideas to ensure you get enough rest and play this Easter break. All you need is a Navman MY SeriesMY80T, MY85XLT or an especially travel savvy MY Escape sat-nav to take a spur of the moment trip.
“With Easter fast approaching, it can sometimes be difficult to plan that perfect getaway. That’s why we created the MY Escape GPS and other travel features on our Navman models to make it easier for people to plan for short mini breaks even at the eleventh-hour,” said Wendy Hammond Marketing Manager, Navman Technology, Australia.
1. Have asaltwater/freshwater holidayby choosing locations that are close to the coast and freshwater sources like a lake. Make water the theme by packing in as many activities as possible –swimming, surfing, fishing, canoeing, water skiing and more. The Navman MY Escape includes a Large Vehicle Assist feature that provides specific route information if you are towing a boat or even a caravan so you don’t get caught on narrow roads. All you have to do is add in your vehicle’s weight, height, width and length to the GPS and it will find a route suitable for your larger vehicle.
2. Do your own “Food Safari” tour and enjoy the amazing produce Australia has to offer by venturing into the country. Areas surrounding the Blue Mountains, Mudgee or Orange offer fresh fruit picking and wine tasting, and Navman’s Lonely Planet Scenic Drives have loads of other information like places of interest and restaurants to give you plenty of suggestions to start you off.
3. Organise a Man vs Wild breakwith your most adventurous friends.Challenge your friends with a real adventure into the bush and head off the beaten track with the help of information from Navteq Off Road HEMA 4WD maps that come preloaded on the Navman MY Escape. The tracks can also be downloaded on the MY80T and MY85XLT models from the Navman online store http://www.navmanstores.com.au. The MY Escape also has over 8,000 extra points of interest such as camping sites, fishing spots and other relevant outdoor places- perfect for your next off-road adventure.
4. Get the kids away from the computer and bring the past to life with a history themed holiday. Teach them something new in a fun way – for instance, look for gems in a gold-rush themed tour of Ballarat, go on a Ned Kelly trail around Bendigo or relive the times of ‘The Man from Snowy River” horseriding in the Australian alps. To find accommodation for the family you can also purchase AAA Tourism downloads from the Navman website for $19.95. It provides you with AAA’s STAR Ratings to help you select where to stay and information on amenities, surrounding activities as well details regarding if accommodation is kid friendly and pet friendly.
3. Forget camping; try “sophisticamping” by turning a traditional camping holidays into a more elegant experience. You can also use the TrueLocal search engine on the MY Series models to find cool restaurants and shops in the area so you aren’t roughing it out too much. Or if you are keen to hit the bush, the Navman MY Escape can help find the perfect spot with heaps of relevant points of interest including camping grounds.
7. Picturesque drive; take your partner or best friend on a scenic drive. The Navman MY Escape includes 25 of Australia’s most visually beautiful drives thanks to its Lonely Planet Scenic routes feature. Lonely Planet Guides on the model will also give you recommendations on accommodation as well as shops, restaurants and tourist attractions to visit. All Lonely Planet Guides can be downloaded on the MY80T and MY85XLT models.
While the Navman range has a host of handy travel tools and features to make planning and navigating your Easter break simple and stress free, safety features can also be found in the entire MY Series range. This includes spoken speed and red light camera warnings that will help you feel more confident and assured during your time away on the road, and help to make sure you don’t have any nasty double demerit fines waiting for you at home when you return.
All models in the MY Series range also come with a handy smart find keyword search, where you can look up a destination by just using a keyword like the name of the park or business, when you don’t knw the address. The MY85XLT and MY Escape also include Premium Driver Alerts that give you the heads up when there are changing road conditions such as lane merges. Meanwhile, free lifetime SUNA LIVE Trafficon the MY Series range provides accurate real time traffic information that is verified by road traffic authorities, to help you relax on your trip by helping you avoid frustrating traffic congestion along the way.
The Navman MY Series range is available at all major electronics retailers.
Recommended retail prices:
MY Escape $499
For further information about Navman please contact:
Michelle Tan or Georgina Policarpou, The D’Arcy Partnership
Telephone: +61 2 9281 2230
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com